Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Being Jennifer Holder

So, obviously, my name is common. And not just Jennifer, but the combination of both names.

There is a Jennifer Holder who is an anime voice actor. I've considered trying to live in her shadow and get into exclusive anime parties or voice acting jobs. Someday this will happen. There are other Jennifer Holder's all over the place - in book publishing, restaurants, banks...

But over the past year or so I've had a few run-ins with a Jennifer Holder who is apparently an idiot. (Okay, I'm perhaps going a little too far. Obviously, all Jennifer Holder's are geniuses, considering I am, right?) Either way, she keeps putting MY email address down on random job applications and her American Airlines Advantage Number. Now, I have written back to the job applications and called American Airlines because I'd hate for her not to have her tickets when she's flying around. (I would say I'd hate for her to not get the job, but as soon as I write back and let them know they have the wrong Jennifer, they have to know that she is obviously too stupid to know her own email address and therefore wouldn't hire her. I hope.)

But, this. This is not something I'm willing to give up. I've decided to now take advantage of her using my email. Who's up for a trip to Dallas to get a free appetizer?

No comments: